Amasong Needs You!
Amasong is now celebrating it’s 30th year. The pandemic prevents us from meeting in person but we are still singing!
25th Anniversary information below.
What a wonderful time to be part of the Amasong community! Just a few months ago, our 25th Anniversary Concert featured music written and arranged specifically for Amasong, including a new commission, Let it Matter by Elizabeth Alexander.
These past 25 years have been filled with powerful music and witness to the strength of women’s voices. You have been an integral part of that history. Will you continue to dream big with us? Your tax deductible contributions support Amasong in championing women though our music for another quarter century. Exciting plans for next year include:
- partnering with the University of Illinois Women’s Glee Club and the Central Illinois Children’s Chorus to host a residency with composer Joan Szymko
- releasing concert videos from Brava!, our 25th Anniversary Concert
- continued participation in local events like Champaign-Urbana’s Pridefest and Folk and Roots Festival
Your tax deductible contribution of any amount helps us provide music written for women, by women, and about women. With a contribution of $25 or more you will receive an Amasong car magnet featuring the colorful artwork of Amasinger Jen Gibas that reflects the inclusive voice of the chorus.
- $25 pays the music fees for one singer
- $50 shares the cost of a singer who can only pay part of her dues
- $150 offsets the cost of 10 concert goers who cannot afford the suggested donation
- $200 pays for a guest artist at an Amasong concert
- $500 pays for professional recording of a concert
- $1,000 underwrites an entire concert
Businesses and Organizations That Support Amasong
A to Z Painting
Alexander Technique with Jeff Tessler
Amara Yoga & Arts
Baroque Artists of Champaign
Bluestem Financial Advisers, LLC
Campus Middle School for Girls
Common Ground Food Co-op
Dancing Dog Eatery & Juicery
Diversified Health Care Services
Dr. G’s BrainWorks
Good Shepard Lutheran Church
Gretchen Klein, LMT
Heel to Toe
New Prairie Construction
Pit Perfect Auto Detailing
Red House Gallery
SunSinger Wine & Spirits
UP Center of Champaign County
If you own a business or run an organization, and want to support Amasong, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Support can range from advertising in our concert programs to sponsoring one of our fundraising events.